Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Busy Week!

My beautiful little sissy got married last weekend!
They got married here in Mesa, so all the family came into town again!
Loved it!
Is she not the most stunning bride ever?

I did her hair and makeup for both their pictures, and wedding. I had lots of fun giving marriage advice, and talking about their wedding night. Ha. Luckily I had plenty of babysitters who were more than willing to watch Cannon so I could spend that time with Dani.

I slaved over these sashes for the bridesmaids. It felt like I was making a billion. It was actually only seven...and my aunt Donnie made five of the actual bands (Thanks Donnie!) So it wasn't THAT much work. But when you have a little babe that wants to be held whenever he's awake, and sometimes asleep, things take much longer! I also made Cannon a matching tie. Once we get the pictures back from the photographer I'll post them. The wedding was to die for, and the whole wedding party looked awesome! Thank you Leyla for coming and decorating the dessert tables. I know I said I was going to help you and all I really did was keep you company! It was GORGEOUS!
Seriously people, this girl is the master!

And then there was this guy. I have a whole new appreciation for motherhood and all that mommy's get accomplished during the day. I never realized how hard and tiring it would be to take care of a baby and also do all the little things that need to get done. Don't get me wrong, I would not trade it for anything in the world. I just think mom's are like freaking superman.

Now I better get started on all the house work that was put on the back burner, cause I'm pretty sure it will take me the next two weeks to get it all done!


10 comments:

Emily said...

I love weddings! cant wait to see pics! cute sashes!

dina marie said...

Thanks for all your help shuggy. I couldn't have done it without you. The sashes were so pretty and I am excited to see the pictures. I think the colors were stunning. Lela was such a huge blessing to me. It took a lot of stress off my shoulders. My one sadness of the week was not getting to spend more time with Cannon. Good thing you are coming for Christmas! Love you.

Lindsay Shreeve said...

Wow those sashes are amazing! And her hair and makeup looks fabulous! You are seriously one of the most talented people I know. I envy your craftiness! And Cannon is just so so cute! I saw you from far away at church on Sunday and I wanted to come say hi but I couldn't find you afterwards!! Bummer:( Love ya!

Brittany H said...

Dani looked awesome! I was wondering if you did her all up. Glad you did. I'm glad you said that mom's are like superwomen hi you are one. But it also makes me know I could never go to school full-time with children. PHEW. Graduation here I come.

Ian and Kristen said...

Ok I totally noticed all the sashes while we were at the reception and I thought they were SO adorable! I had no idea that you made them! They are awesome! It was fun to see you for a little bit!

CB said...

Dani is definately a beautiful bride - I can't wait to see more pictures.
And Bree, your hair is so long now. I love it. I don't think I can remember seeing it that long before.

Whitney said...

Im pretty sure thats one of the most beautiful wedding photos evah! You are amazing and so are those sashes.

The Clarks said...

Those sashes are darling! I cant wait to see them on. That picture of Dani is gorgeous. Cant wait to see more pictures from the wedding. Cant wait to see and hold that little baby!!

mindy said...

those sashes are GORGEOUS... as are you and your sis!! love that you got to be there for her & spend quality time. cONGRATS to dani!

Brittany H said...

I would do it in a heartbeat if I could! especially if I could hold that lil' baby of yours!!!

I can't even believe you have baby weight though. In all your pictures I'm like dang, Bree looks exactly the same as before. How the heck does she do that?